Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars.


OK I was a little hesitant to read this book after reading what it was about. I knew from John Greens previous works that he likes making me bawl like a baby but I finally gave in and started reading it.
So this probably is not a book you want to read if your are depressed but after finishing it I actually feel  better.

Let me start by saying Hazel is an awesome I love the voice he gave her character. I feel like i could actually have a conversation with her.  I knew had a feeling this book would break my heart and it succeeded. When Augustus was introduced and his relationship with Hazel began I was pleasantly pleased that it unlike so many other books did not start out as a romantic one. As the relationship started to grow it was adorable I was like


 They were sooooo cute and awkward. But when they took the trip to Amsterdam and Augustus started complaining about pain I started getting concerned. And then he told her and i was like
 Then as *SPOILERS* His cancer progressed my heart broke I knew that this was not going to end well that there would be no magic cure for him. I cant even begin to explain the scene where he has Hazel and Isaac(their recently blinded friend) gave a fake funeral for him as he watched as anything but emotionally unnerving I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh or cry.(I chose crying). But as you might guess Augustus passes on leaving his girlfriend Hazel to continue battling her cancer.

Mr. Green you did it again you created an amazing novel and managed to make me laugh, cry, get pissed and made me think about what it is all about. I literally couldn't go to sleep till I finished it at 1 in the morning. But by the end  of the night/morning I was like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...